Information We Collect
We aggregate personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. In some cases, you may not be able to access all parts of a website if you do not fill out voluntary information (i.e. login credentials).
Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, the following data:
● First name and last name
● Username and password
● Email address
● Phone number
● Street address
● Country of residence
● Job title
● Transaction and payment information
Depending on your site usage (e.g. credit card purchase, report download, etc.), you might not need to provide some of the aforementioned information.
Non-personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, the following data:
● Device information (OS type or browser type)
● Internet Protocol (IP) address
● Browser device (i.e. laptop or mobile)
● Usage (pages viewed, amount of time on page, exit URLs, etc.)
● Preferred language
● Cookie ID
Anonymous data is collected through tools such as cookies, which are text files that collect standard login and user behavior information. Cookies enable you to stay logged in to your account and receive customized web pages based on your past site behavior.
How We Collect Information
The following events are some ways in which we would collect your information:
● Account registration
● Purchase of a product of service
● Request for product, service, or information
● Participation on public forums on our site
● Customer survey response
● Registration for a conference on our site
How We Use Information
The following events are some ways in which we would use your data to optimize user experience:
● Processing orders and requests
● Sending relevant information (product information, policy updates, event announcements, our newsletter, etc.)
● Responding to your questions and concerns
● Offering personalized promotions
● Providing products and services
● Providing more individualized customer service
● Remembering your user preferences (language, content, etc.)
● Conducting site improvements
Please note that in the event of a sale involving a substantial portion of our business assets, customer information might be among those transferred assets.
Business Partner and Third Party Access
If we work with business partners and third parties regarding your data, our policy is to grant access to your information only as needed for these entities to perform their tasks or function for us. They may perform some of the following functions on our behalf:
● Providing promotional materials
● Email contact
● Data management
● Credit card and payment processing
● Customer service
How We Protect Your Information
We have a several protocols in place when it comes to protecting your sensitive information whether you enter, submit, or access it. In the case that your sensitive information is written down, your record is stored in the offices of Responsible Battery Coalition and destroyed when no longer needed.
When you submit your information through an online form, we offer a secure server. The information you provide during an online transaction is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. You can identify our SSL certificate in the website address bar, which will contain a lock icon and https:// at the beginning of the website address.
This policy may change at any time and will be updated on this website. We encourage you to check for policy updates regularly, and if you do not agree with this or any revised policy, we ask that you exit the website and unsubscribe from our newsletter immediately.