A coalition of companies, academics and organizations committed to the responsible management of the batteries of today and tomorrow.
Created to advance the responsible production, transport, sale, use, reuse, recycling, and resource recovery of transportation, industrial and stationary batteries and other energy storage devices.
- Promote life-cycle management regardless of technology
- Address current vehicle batteries not recycled each year
- Develop best practices for the next generation batteries
A responsible battery meets a need and is properly managed across its life-cycle to not cause harm to people or the environment and is reused where possible and ultimately recycled.
- Advance responsible practices. Develop tools and promote tools and promote best practices for managing batteries throughout their life-cycle.
- Inspire next generation technologies. Create closed-loop solutions and best practices for emerging battery technologies.
- Mobilize champions. Build public/private programs to ensure the economic, social, and environmental benefits of responsible battery management.